Barcelona striker Luis Suarez has revealed he had to lie to his wife about biting Giorgio Chellini during 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
He told Sport: ‘It hurt a lot. [My kids] kept asking me why I wasn’t playing. To be honest, it really hurt. Above all because I am not like that, I am a softy and my family know that.
‘My kids know that their dad is a human being and he makes mistakes and they know anyone can make mistakes.
‘I hurt Sofia because I lied to her. She asked me [about the bite] and I denied it. I had trouble believing it, let alone saying it. I couldn’t understand it. I hurt her because she knew I wasn’t like that. [The press] even asked her how I was at home.
‘They could have been thinking anything. And that hurts. Everyone has their way of playing, their character. If I wasn’t as I am, I wouldn’t have arrived where I here [Barcelona].’
Luis Suarez had been involved in biting incidents during his time at Liverpool and Ajax but has kept a clean slate since his move to Barcelona striking a perfect partnership with Lionel Messi and Neymar.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Name
Comments