Meet Pa Hanson who useshis hair to move a car.( Super Dragon)


At the age of 17, with a body mass that was fast resembling that of a wrestler, Pa Ubong Hanson discovered he had strength that was unrivalled by his peers in Ikot Eyo in Nsit Ubium Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State.
Lifting objects that made his friends’ jaws drop, quickly earned him the monikers“World Sampson” and “Super Dragon”.
Then at the age of 20, he did the expected.
That day, Pa Hanson planted his two stout feet in the ground in front of a car and asked the driver inside it to engage the gears.
“I told the driver to hit the accelerator and drive the car forward while I pushed it backwards. My strength won against the car. It could not move forward at all,” he said.
That was the beginning of exploits that took Pa Hanson, now 77, across different countries in Africa, where he pulled cars with his dreadlocks and tested his strength against multiple men in unmatched tugs of war.
In his heyday, Pa Hanson was a hulk of raw muscle. Pictures of his younger self show him as someone in the league of world renowned body builders and wrestlers.
Today, with a head of grey dreadlocks and a face encircled by a tuft of equally grey beard neatly bound together at the chin, he is like an old soldier that never dies.
Thanks to social media, more than 20 years after Super Dragon retired from active strength performance, his pictures surfaced, showing him in a tug of war with 10 grown men, who strained unsuccessfully to pull him by his arm.
The most shocking of the pictures, was the one showing him pulling a car with a rope tied around his neck.
Old age has certainly told on Pa Hanson.
“In those days, I used to pull cars with my dreadlocks. My hair was the source of my strength,” he told our correspondent, when he was tracked down after his pictures went viral during the week.
According to Super Dragon, when he discovered his strength, he was in an auto mechanic school, with the hope that he would make his living repairing vehicles.
But fate pushed him in a different direction. He said he quit being a mechanic in 1964 and went fully into body building.

“I started to stop moving cars and life weights in my early 20s. At the time, I could beat up five of my mates at the same time. Right from that time, I realised that there were many things that I could do that others could not. My fame started growing. Whenever I was to perform, it was like I was possessed. The hair I used to pull vehicles never hurt. I felt nothing,” he said.
“I don’t have any special food or diet. But I do not smoke or drink alcohol,” he said.
But Super Dragon is not your everyday old man.
One could mistake him for any agile 50-year-old man.
In fact, our correspondent asked him to clarify the truth to his age claim because his physical look would make many doubt that he was indeed 77 and he simply laughed.
“Why would I lie about my age? What do I start to gain? My parents were literate and had a record of when I was born, but such records are long lost. I was born just before  the start of World War II. Shortly after I was born, he went off to fight in the war,” he said.
Pa Hanson’s daily exercise regime would humble a lot of fitness enthusiasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Name
Comments